Our Favourite School-Friendly Bliss Ball Recipe!
Looking for some easy school lunch box ideas? Homemade bliss balls are the perfect bite-sized snack for school lunches, and can easily be adapted to suit your tastes.
We’ve tried several variations of bliss ball recipes, but wanted to share our favourite school-friendly bliss balls with you below - just in time for getting the kids back to school!
Why We Love Bliss Balls For School Lunches
Bliss balls (sometimes referred to as protein balls) are a quick, easy and healthy lunch box snack that can easily be whipped up at home.
Not only are these homemade bliss balls packed with protein, fibre and antioxidants, they also taste delicious. The high fibre and protein content will help to satiate your hunger and keep your kids bellies full for longer, too.
This homemade bliss ball recipe can be easily adapted to suit the ingredients you have at home. Just make sure not to include any peanuts or tree nuts to keep them school-friendly!
We love making a batch of bliss balls over the weekend and storing them in the fridge, ready to grab and go during the week. You can also make a double batch and store them in the freezer for 2-3 months using a snap-lock bag or airtight container. Check out our top 7 lunch box tips for getting back to school here!
The Best School-Friendly Bliss Ball Recipe
This tried-and-tested bliss ball recipe is perfect for kids of all ages (and let’s be honest, adults too!).
- 10-15 dried dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add the cinnamon, protein powder, cocoa and oats to a food processor, blitz until well combined and in a powder form
- Add the dates, vanilla + coconut oil. Blend until well combined
- If the ingredients are still a little dry, try adding a dash of milk to bind the ingredients together
- Once well combined, roll the mixture into small balls and dust with shredded coconut
- Store in the fridge or in a snap-lock freezer bag in the freezer
Looking for more healthy lunch box recipes for kids? Check out 5 quick, easy and healthy lunch box ideas here.